St Michael's Anglican Church is among the oldest
Talbot. The bluestone Gothic Revival style
church, thought to have been designed by William Wardell, had the
foundation stone laid on 16th August 1870 and opened the same
However, only the nave of the church was completed; the
intended for the front was never built and instead the doorway was
finished in red brick.
The church has undergone a programme of restoration,
original pews - including 'paupers' pews - still intact.
efforts it recently acquired one of the earliest organs built in
Victoria by the famous craftsman George
Fincham, dating from 1868 and listed by the National Trust.
Church services are held on the second Sunday every
month - all are welcome. In addition, celebrations
are held to mark important occasions, such as the annual Harvest
festival, the bi-annual St Michael's and All Angels Patronal Festival,
and participation in the Organs
The church is located at the corner of Lansdowne and
O'Hara Streets. Contact Junita Hayes on 035463 2534 for
details of services.
This page was last updated on 28 June 2009